Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Poem for You

What I don't understand.

What I don't understand
Is how different the world can be


There are people dying. People committing suicide. People getting in car crashes. People dying a slow death in hospital beds.
But then there are people getting married. People starting out their new lives. People having new babies.
But what would happen if it all just collided.
Chaos.
There are people dying. People being abused. People crying. People being abandoned. And people being put down.
But then there are people getting engaged. People beginning a new chapter. People getting new jobs. And people adopting.
But what would happen if it all just froze?
Who knows.


How many people need to die for you to realize we need to change something in this world?
How many people need to live for you to realize we have nothing to change?


It's crazy how different this world is.
I was on Facebook, and I noticed that, right next to each other,
was engagement photos of my friend getting married,
and the photo of a boy who killed himself
with a caption that read
"It's been a year sense our beloved son, brother, and friend left us."
It's crazy to think that this is the same world.
The same world that gives two completely different scenarios.
One, two people's lives, going on into eternity,
And one, a boy who never gets to see eternity.




Basically, what I'm saying, is I can't express myself right now.
I mean, right here, right in front of me, are two completely different stories.
One, a boy who never gets to see where his life could have become. A family whose lives were torn apart my senior year, his junior. He never got to graduate, never got to go on to college, never got to see where life would take him. Life was just too cruel. Too much to handle. Too horrible. I hate life. Life sucks.
The other, the happiest people you've ever seen. Getting ready to enter the temple, getting their pictures taken, and loving life. There is nothing that can ruin these two and their perfect day. Life is just awesome. Perfect. I love life. Life rocks.


I can't even handle myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment