Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Old Friends

Do you have an old friend?
Someone you don't talk to anymore?
Someone you wish you talked to, but you can't?
That one person that knows everything about you?
Or, at least, used to?

The person who, without, you don't know if you would have made it through your high school years? The person you REALLY transferred schools for? But then never got to see? Until your boyfriend moved? And you two broke up? And then you got your best friend back?

Do you have one of those?

Someone who broke you into millions of little pieces? But, for some reason, you still wish you talked? You still wish you spoke? You still wish you saw them?

Because I have one of those friends.
Old friends.

And I'm not gonna lie to you, I wish he still talked to me. I wish he still hugged me. I wish he still thought about me. Cause only God knows how much I think about him.
He was my life, my struggle, my happiness, my future.

We were in high school, so of course I was thinking way too far ahead.
We were in high school, so of course I didn't know what I was talking about.
We were in high school, so of course I thought he'd never leave.
We were in high school, so of course I was in over my head.

And, of course, I wish he would read this and come back to me. But he wouldn't read this. He wouldn't listen.

I just miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment