Monday, July 22, 2013

We'll get the hang of it.

Let's talk about College. First of all... AAHHHH!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN HOLD IT IN!!! Now that that's out of the way. AHH! COLLEGE! I go in about 28 days. And I am SO ready. I mean, I still gotta pack and all that jazz, but mentally... I'm ready. I'm ready to get out of this house, live my own life, be my own person. But at the same time, it's kind of scary. Change is scary. But everyone already knows that. It's like riding a bike. It's absolutely wonderful when you finally get up on two wheels alone, but it's scary trying to get there. Taking off your training wheels and pedaling for the first time without them. We all have to admit that it was scary. -STORY TIME- Once upon a time I was learning how to ride my bike. It was pink and white, and had the little tinsel glittery things on the handlebars (but the handlebars themselves were kinda sticky, and to this day I still don't know why..). I tried and tried and tried, and I failed and I failed and I failed. So little me gave up on trying to ride a bike. Sense my dad wouldn't put the training wheels back on, I was stuck bike-less. A year later, I was outside and all my friends were riding their cool two wheeler sig kid bikes. My dad brought mine out and said I had to try just one more time. I was so nervous, but I got up on my bike and started to pedal, and something amazing happend. I stayed on top of my big girl bike! And ever sense that day, I've been able to ride a two wheeler. The end. -STORY TIME OVER- So the moral of the story is, change is scary. We all know that simple fact is true. But to continue on with our lives, we've just gotta keep going and gotta keep trying. And sooner or later, we'll get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment