Sunday, July 28, 2013

#thatawkwardmomentwhen

You know that awkward moment when you say something really funny, and then realize it's all in your head? Hashtag happens to me all the time.
I'll be in a group of friends, and think of something super clever, say it, and then hear the cricket noises.
Take for example the movie Epic. Talking about it, I say something along the lines of "It's almost like Ferngully. You know with that cute cartoon character, Zach? What a stuuuuuuuud." And everyone looks at me like I'm delusional.
Or, another example, Wreck it Ralph. Some friends of mine were saying how they don't like it. And I, of course, defended the best movie ever. So I asked them why and one girl said "I just don't like that little winey girl, what's her name?" And I went "Venelope?! But she's adORable!!" Just like she says it in the movie, with her voice cracking. And they all just stared at me as I said "You see what I did there?"
Oh oh, one more example, are you ready? Scripture Mastery. You know those cheesy song-tune things that they sing the words to? Yeah, so one was to the tune of "Kiss the Girl" off of Ariel. The Little Mermaid. Whatever. And when the time came for the part where Scuttle howls, I totally owned and did it perfectly. And everyone stared at me awkwardly as I laughed at how clever I was.
But that one was actually awesome. All of them were.. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty cocky when it comes to my humor.
Even though no one thinks I'm funny, I think I'm funny.
Yolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment