Sunday, August 31, 2014

Emotionally Stable

Sometimes, I pretend to be emotionally stable.

But, let's be honest, a lot of people pretend to be emotionally stable when they're really not. And I don't really get why. I don't get why we all have to pretend to act fine when we're really not fine at all and how when we are feeling fine we can't even do anything about it like throw a party, cause people don't notice a difference, because we're always acting fine anyways.

Why is it that we feel like we must hide our feelings and emotions?

I don't know. But I hate it. I want to celebrate the small things, the good days. I want to be happy when I'm happy, and sad when I'm sad. I want to express the feelings and emotions that I'm experiencing! I don't understand why that is just so hard for people to see.
But the thing is, it's not just hard for people to see. It's hard for people to do. We have been trained to not show too much emotion or feeling, because we're been told it's bad. But you know what is worst? Hiding how you feel, and being miserable inside but pretending to be happy on the outside. It took me a long time,
but
I've finally realized
it's OKAY to be sad.

Emotions, including the negative ones, are healthy. They are good for us, they show that we're alive! And I don't know about you, but I quite enjoy being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment