Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Snowball and I

This is the face of someone who is not prepared for a presentation.
Im just sorta freaking out.
What's that? You want to hear my presentation? Okay!

Before you were born, you got your oxygen from the umbilical cord. After you were born, you could have gotten anoxia, which is basically not enough oxygen to the lungs, and it can cause brain damage. Right when you were born you were put to a APGAR test, which you can got a range of 0-10 points on, 10 being the best. getting 7-10 means good health, around 5 means you might have developmental problems, and 0-3 means you will probably die. The APGAR tests your heart rate, respitory effort, reflex irritability, muscle tone, and skin color. After the APGAR you are taken and your reflexes are tested. The different tests they do is one where they stroke the bottom of your foot, and you're supposed to widen/spread out your toes and curl your foot in. Another is a loud sound or dropping sensation and you arch your back and pretty much just act surprised. The last two are very similar, you stroke the baby's cheek or touch it's mouth, and it automatically starts sucking.

That's it. And I didn't need to look at my notes at all to type that whole thing! But the thing is, I need to say that all under a minute, and make it interesting as well. So I brought a stuffed white bear to show how to do the reflex tests. I might not even do the reflex part of it because it wasn't in my reading section, but I thought it was important.
Wish me (and Snowball) luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment