Friday, May 2, 2014

Soul Language

Today is the last day of tests/finals.
Can I get a Woot Woot!

So I've been really into Reggae lately. I love it. I. Absolutely. Love it. Like, for real, so good.
There's a band and I bought their CD for 25 cents, their name is K'Nova. Freaking amazing. And then my friend, Jordan, reminded me of this other Reggae band I used to know called The Dirty Heads. For real though, look 'em up.
So good.
PISS.
Dance All Night.
Cabin by The Sea.
Rich Girl.
THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD ONES.
ALSO, these guys.
And this one.

Okay. I'm done shoving songs down your throat.

....

ONE MORE.

Okay... Last one.

Alright... If you're going to look one song up... Let it be this one. I know this one isn't reggae.. But... Unreal. Am I right?

Music speaks to the soul, when words can't. It's crazy how different we can feel after listening to a song. Like the song Almost Lover. It is just such a good song. It tugs at your heart strings.
Why?
Because something, something in that song reminds me of something in my past. Something in your past. Something that hurts, deep deep down that you buried along with your ability to trust.

Wow. That just got deep.
Let's go back to happy songs.


Oh snap. That just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment