Friday, October 21, 2011

Nothing, But Something, To Say

Well, Hello.
I really want to write on my blog today. And I have written almost five different posts. Maybe i'll post them. Probably not.
For some reason, words are not coming to me today. For the first time in a long time, I don't know what to say.
I'm usually quite good with words. People tell me things, I can tell them the right things back.
That's why I want to be a psychologist.
So I can help people.
I listen to my friends problems, I listen to random peoples problems, I listen to whoever wants to talk.
I could say it's a gift? But I could also say that it's just what I love to do.
Only heaven knows why, but I adore it. I love listening to peoples problems, their worries and complaints, their issues and secrets. They'll apologize for 'telling me all of this' or 'dumping this on me' or 'being really annoying and just complaining'. And do you know what I always tell them?
'Don't be sorry, I love it. Keep going.' And you know why?
Because it's true.
I may not be able to help you all that much, I may not be able to fix all of your problems. But I can listen. I can give advice, I can stand by your side. I can be your rock. Your iron rod. And I will be. All you need to do is reach out your hand and grab onto mine. I will pull you up and dry you off, give you my jacket and hold you tight until you fall asleep.
I don't want you to hold back, I don't want you to feel unwanted, I don't want you to feel scared. I'm here, to stay. To help and to listen. Really truly.
And I don't judge. I don't know what you've been through, I don't know how your mind works, I don't know what it's like to be you. I don't judge. Why judge when you don't even know what you're judging?
I'm here to help.
Let me help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment