Thursday, October 16, 2014

In Honor of Steve

I just cried a little bit on the inside of my body.
Here's the story:

I had this plant, my favorite plant, and I named him Steve. Because that was the obvious choice for an amazing plant, just like Steve. And then,
Steve died, much too young. But, you see, I kept Steve around for a very long time. A very, very long time. So long, I probably could have traveled to the moon and back in that same amount of time.
But I don't care! I don't care that everyone got annoyed when I wouldn't throw him away, Steve that is.
And today, I found that Jess Jess (who, back story, collects mugs) got two of her mugs out of the box they were in, and they were broken. I felt very sad for Jess Jess, and then I realized how strong she was.
She was about to throw away her broken mugs, which she loved very much, when I stopped her. I walked over to Steve, and said something very heroic that I may never be able to repeat. Or remember. But for now, we will say that I said this:
Because Jess Jess is so brave, and because I want Steve to be happy again, I will throw him away tonight.
Maddi (who just so happened to be there as well) then went all "awwe" on me. And then, all three of us, together, threw away the beautiful mugs and the beautiful Steve.

Will I miss him? Yes.
But Steve will live on.


I love you ol' chap.

No comments:

Post a Comment