Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bff?

I'm confused too.
About two (three?) years ago I made a very dear and close friend. We told each other just about everything that there is to tell a person without, well, exploding. Deepest darkest secrets, biggest fears, life long dreams, problems, happy memories, guilty pleasures, hidden talents, passions, everything. He became the closest friend I ever had and I loved him from the bottom of my heart.
But, around six months ago, this dear friend (who's real name will be remain unknown, but for the sake of this lovely post, we will name Patrick) started to distance himself from yours truly.
Yes, you could say this hurt. Because, quite honestly, it did. I felt oh so alone. But of course, I still had my other friends, my parents, and my sisters. But I guess Patrick was different. Everyone has that one friend, you know? The one you trust with your ever being and you can tell them anything, without being scared or nervous? Yes, that was my Patrick.
Well anyways, like I said, Patrick stopped talking to me. He wouldn't call me, email me, or really say anything to me in any way, shape, or form.
As you would have guessed, I was quite sad. I wanted to cry because I had just lost my best friend. And one day, I asked him what I did wrong. Nothing he said, nothing at all. But why wouldn't he talk to me? I don't know, and he wouldn't and still won't tell me.
I miss my best friend.
I miss Patrick.
But every night I would still pray for my dear friend, and I still do. And I would pray to find a new best friend who would not leave me, and be forever with me. Which, I think, God graciously gave me. We will give him the name of Henry.
Henry is an amazing person. He is oh so strong, with many trials that he has overcome. He is happy, smart, nice, he listens, he helps, and he amazes me every day without even knowing it. He is amazing. I can tell him anything and get his honest opinion and real help. And even better, we trust each other completely. And I don't think he will ever leave like my dear friend Patrick did.
Now, lately me and Patrick have been talking again. For about... two weeks now. But We really haven't 'connected' like we used to. And then he stopped talking to me again for four days. It still makes me sad. But I know I have Henry to help me.
Henry is my best friend.
He won't leave me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry.... ps I didn't know you had a blog! text me!
    -love, "pactrick"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm may I ask who this is? Patrick doesn't have a phone..

    ReplyDelete