Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ouchy Wa Wa

Spring break is a Cruel, Cruel taste of the summer that is yet to come..
Including Sleeping in, Staying up way to late, being Stress Free, Hangin... Scratch that: Chillin with friends. And, Of Course, The Sunburn.
This beautiful word, I just happen to hate at the moment.
A LOT.
Let me express to you, my feelings: I HATE SUMBURNS!!! SO FREAKIN BAD (So bad... Buy all of the things I never had...) Musical moment, Name that Song.

Last night was pure Torture. And now when I say torture, I mean one of the worst nights of my life. No joke.
I usually stay up until eleven, twelve, give or take the night. But last night, I stayed up until three-thirty. Just a little later than I had planned on.
You see, I sunburned my back and sholders when I went to Vegas the last weekend of the glorious soring break. I was there for a Feis (Irish Dance Competition). And, of course, it was Outside. Being the blonde I am, I forgot sunscreen. And in between my competitions, I would take off my dress. Wearing only a tank top and bloomers. Not. Smart.
Stinging and itching. I was hyper-ventilating and breathing hard, causing me to get a bit dizzy. I couldn't stop shaking and twitching. Tensing up and arching my back. I couldn't handle it all, and I was even half screaming. Not being able to even move.
At exactly twelve- thirty- something, I went into my parents room crying. Yes I don't like admitting the tears, but there were a lot.
Asking for a blessing, I thankfully got one from my loving pops. And my mom got me a oatmeal bath. And no, it did not help. We tried so many different things. Neosporin, special cream, ice, cold water, you name it- we tried it.
Finally my dad went to Walmart and got a magical tropical spray that was supposed to help it. And by now, it was about two in the morning. Spraying it on made it sting, and it still does when I put in on. But It still helped, a bit.
Finally, at three-thirty last night, I fell asleep. With a dear, dear friend calming me down and helping me the whole time. Oh so grateful for him.
This morning I went to school, and then got checked out of second period to go home because it hurt so badly. Went back to fourth to take a test.

They say the third day of a sunburn is the worst, the hump.
I hope they're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment